Nana (ナナ)


I'm sure all Otakus out there would love to talk about Nana(ナナ), and I for one would love to talk about it. This anime has touched my heart so much, because I can pretty much relate to Hachiko, the way she acts reflects me. The story is so great that I'am caught in it. Its genre revolves around Drama, Josei, Music, Romance, Slice of Life and Tragedy. At first, I was addicted to " Clannad ", but when I saw this anime I was so freaking caught up by the story. It's so real, you can feel the emotions in the every episode of manga and anime. I admit that I have cried many times while watching this anime. It's kinda depressing but you'll see that the world of reality is caused by pain, it's like waking up from a beautiful dream and when you experience pain you'e back to reality. It depicts life and struggles. The creator, Ai Yazawa, is a great writer. She also wrote " Paradise Kiss " which is also an anime that depicts a slice of life. I recommend this to a lot of my friends who likes " slice of life " animes, because it's the best. Japanese fanatics even held a Nana Convention(ナナ) for the aime. It was the biggest hit in Japan when it aired. The manga version was so successful that they made an anime adaptation, as well as two live-action films. The first twelve volumes of the manga series have cumulatively sold over 22 million copies. In 2005, it has sold over 34,500,000 making it the fourth best selling shōjo manga worldwide.

Summary:

On board the train to Tokyo to meet her boyfriend Shoji, Nana Komatsu ("Hachi") happened to sit beside Nana Osaki who was traveling to Tokyo to fulfill her dreams of becoming a musician. The vocalist for her punk band "Blast", Nana aims for a major debut for "Blast" in Tokyo where her boyfriend, Ren, is the guitarist for a popular band "Trapnest". Sharing the same name "Nana", both girls quickly form a bond of friendship. Their paths cross again when they encounter each other while searching for accomodation in Tokyo. Eventually they decide to live together in the same unit and this further strengthens their bond as the two "Nana(s)" go through their love lives and career.


So, this is all for now. Next time, I'll introduce the characters.

By the way, check out a site for Nana. http://www.s-nana.com/

Cheerios!

;]

0 comments:



Post a Comment